Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design, Minor in Studio Art
Cedarville University | Cedarville, Ohio
Adobe Acrobat Pro
Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Dreamweaver
Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition
Copy Writing, Editing, and Proofing
Digital Photography & Videography
Google Website Creation and Maintenance
National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA) | York County School Division | 2016 Category: Internet/Intranet | Award of Merit for the York County School Division Human Resources Microsite Category: Marketing Publication | Award of Merit for the York County School Division Human Resources Recruitment Collateral
American InHouse Design Award | York County School Division | 2016 Design Award for the York County School Division Human Resources Recruitment Collateral
Apple Achievement Award | York County School Division | 2016 Personal Award for Going Above and Beyond the Given Job Description
Design-a-thon First Place Winners | Dominion Enterprises | 2014 Team Design Award for Wire Framing and Designing a New DE Product Website in 3 Days (product and website now inactive)
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER // OWNER | Brown Photography | 8/10–Present
- Photograph businesses, families, and weddings.
- Organize all client files and photographs in a cohesive workflow.
- Edit and correct all photos.
- Coordinate a schedule of events for wedding photography.
- Keep online presence updated through websites and social media.
BRAND MANAGER | Daor Design | 10/18-12/18
- Worked to keep branding visuals, messaging, and marketing consistent for each client.
- Developed brand and marketing strategies for clients.
- Implemented SEO and digital marketing strategies.
- Provided design direction, as needed.
MULTIMEDIA DESIGN SPECIALIST | Thermotron Industries | 3/17-10/18
- Created content for email campaigns, including brochures, infographics, videos, and write-ups.
- Segmented the marketing nurture database and create targeted email campaigns.
- Wrote news articles and press releases.
- Organized all trade show promotional products and advertising materials.
- Helped with trade show logistics.
- Photographed stock and product imagery for use in ad and email campaigns.
- Organized and maintain all photos, both current and historical.
- Solidified Thermotron's visual brand.
- Developed a tagline and compelling messaging, relating Thermotron's story to its customers.
- Maintained the company website.
MULTIMEDIA DESIGN SPECIALIST | York County School Division | 6/14–05/16
- Managed the YCSD brand to maintain consistency and integrity across the board.
- Designed and styled handbooks and manuals.
- Created collateral, including logos, for schools within the Division.
- Photographed schools and events for the media and internal use.
- Organized digital files and photos for the Community and Public Relations Department.
- Created Microsoft templates for Division employees.
- Conceptualized and generated monthly Staff Spotlight videos.
- Proofed and edited copy.
MARKETING GRAPHIC DESIGNER | The Employment Guide | 12/12–03/14
- Created digital banner advertisements for EG’s advertisers.
- Organized, created and maintained an intranet website utilizing Google Sites.
- Collaborated with the marketing team in effectively marketing EG to potential advertisers.
- Designed sales collateral for sales reps.
- Conceptualized and executed original photography for marketing campaigns.
- Assisted the development team in redesigning portions of EG’s various websites.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER & PHOTOGRAPHER | Mariner Media, Inc. | 9/10–9/11
- Obtained pertinent information directly from clients to help produce marketing strategies.
- Designed brochures, promotional posters, and other ads that fit within marketing plans.
- Brainstormed design and copy concepts with other designers.
- Reorganized and streamlined workflow and archival system within the server.
- Photographed products for websites and print materials.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER | Cedarville University | 7/07–9/10
- Designed print materials and logos from concept to completion.
- Streamlined all photographs from the campus photographer to various clients, including the other designers.
- Collaborated with a team other designers within Creative Services.
- Promoted to “graphic designer” status within two years.
Web Design Intern | Escape Creative | 2012
Learned the basics of front-end web design and how it applied to the web design standards of CSS, PHP, and HTML.
Volunteer Photographer | Rockbridge Dog Rescue | 2011
The goal of photographing Rockbridge Dog Rescue dogs was to help pups find their forever homes with loving families.
VMI Photographer | Virginia Military Institute | 2011–2012
Photographed various events for the Institute, which included anything from alumni reunions to cadet training sessions.